The JL Educate Limited Privacy Statement was updated on
June 11, 2019.
JL Educate Limited. and its affiliates (”we”, ”us”, and ”our”) respect your privacy. Therefore, we have developed a Privacy Statement (hereinafter referred to as ”this Statement”) that covers how we collect, use, disclose, protect, store and transfer your personal data. Please take a moment to read and understand our privacy statement.
Personal data means any electronic or other information which alone or jointly with other information can be used to identify a natural person or make him/her identifiable. This Statement explains how JL Educate Limited processes your personal data, but does not cover all processing scenarios as you will be informed in specific processing activity. Therefore, before using a specific product or service, it is recommended that you read the privacy notice or supplementary statement released by JL Educate Limited for that product or service to understand how it processes your personal data.
This Statement applies only to JL Educate Limited mobile services, apps, websites, and services that display or mention this Statement.
This Statement describes:
1. How JL Educate Limited Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
3. How JL Educate Limited Shares Your Personal Data
4. How JL Educate Limited Protects Your Personal Data
5. How You Can Manage Your Personal Data
6. How JL Educate Limited Protects Children’s Personal Data
7. Links to Third-Party Websites, Products, and Services
8. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
9. International Users
10. Updates to This Statement
11. How to Contact Us
How JL Educate Limited Collects and Uses Your Personal Data
A. Personal Data Collected by JL Educate Limited
Before using JL Educate Limited products or services, you may need to provide personal data. You do not have to provide your personal data to JL Educate Limited, but in some cases, the non-provision of certain personal data will cause the inability to provide you with some related products or services.
JL Educate Limited will collect and use your personal data for the purposes stated in this Statement. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to below listing. Here are some examples of personal data we may collect:
1. Personal data that you provide to JL Educate Limited
You need to register a user ID to enjoy certain functions or services. When you register a user ID, we will ask you to provide relevant personal data, such as your name, email address, mobile number.
JL Educate Limited will take appropriate and necessary measures to ensure the security of the information that you provide. You must ensure that the people, whose information you provide, have consented to you providing their information to JL Educate Limited.
2. Information that JL Educate Limited collects in your use of services
JL Educate Limited will collect data about your device and how you and your device exchange information with JL Educate Limited products and services. This type of information includes:
Mobile network information, such as the public land mobile network (PLMN) provider ID and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Collection and use of non-identifiable data
Non-identifiable data refers to data that cannot be used to identify an individual. Examples of non-identifiable data include statistics on website visits, application downloads, and product sales volume. JL Educate Limited will collect statistics information to understand how users use our products and services. By doing so, we can improve our services to better meet your requirements.
We keep your personal data and non-identifiable data separate, and use each independently. Circumstances may arise where JL Educate Limited collects, uses, discloses, and transfers non-identifiable data for other purposes at our own discretion.
How JL Educate Limited Uses Your Personal Data
JL Educate Limited may use your personal data for the following purposes:
Deliver, activate, or verify the products and services you have requested
Send you OS or application updates and installation notifications.
Provide personalised user experience and content.
A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device, and the content of a cookie can be retrieved and read only by the server that created the cookie. Cookies are unique to the browser or mobile application you are using. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters.
Sometimes, JL Educate Limited stores cookies on computers or mobile devices for the purpose of improving user experience, including the following scenarios:
Technical cookies: Login and verification. When you use a JL Educate Limited ID to log in to a website, the “session-based” cookies ensure that your visit to this site functions as smoothly as possible. .
In addition to cookies, JL Educate Limited and some third parties may also use web beacons and pixel tags on websites. A web beacon is usually an electronic graphic image embedded into a website or email to identify your device cookies when you browse the website or email.
How JL Educate Limited Shares Your Personal Data
We do not share personal data with other companies, organisations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
(1) Sharing with consent: After obtaining your consent, JL Educate Limited will share the information that you have authorised with specified third parties or categories of third parties.
(2) Sharing pursuant to laws and regulations: JL Educate Limited may share your information as required by laws and regulations, for resolving legal disputes, or as required by administrative or judiciary authorities pursuant to law.
(3) Sharing with JL Educate Limited affiliates: Your information may be shared within JL Educate Limited’s affiliates only for explicit, and legitimate purposes, and the sharing is limited only to information required by services. For example, we verify the global uniqueness of accounts before allowing them to be registered.
(4) Sharing with business partners: Some products and/or services are provided to you directly by our partners.
(5) Sharing with service providers: JL Educate Limited also may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us. Examples of these service providers include companies that provide hotline services, send email, or provide technical support on behalf of JL Educate Limited. The service providers can use your information only for the purpose of providing services to you on behalf of JL Educate Limited.
(6) JL Educate Limited will share your information when there is a reasonable requirement to do so, for example, to meet request of applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government.
In scenarios 3 to 6, JL Educate Limited will ensure that the lawfulness of this sharing and sign stringent non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and/or data processing clauses with the companies, organisations, and individuals with whom personal data is shared, requiring them to comply with this Statement and take appropriate confidentiality and security measures when processing personal data.
How JL Educate Limited Protects Your Personal Data
JL Educate Limited attaches great importance to the security of your personal data and has adopted standard industry practices to protect your personal data and prevent it from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. To this end, JL Educate Limited takes the following measures:
(1) We take reasonable and feasible measures to ensure that the personal data collected is minimal and relevant to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed. We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Statement and privacy notice of specific product or service, unless extending the retention period is required or permitted by law.
(2) We use a range of technologies such as cryptographic technologies to ensure the confidentiality of data in transmission. We implement trusted protection mechanisms to protect data and data storage servers from attacks.
(3) We deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorised personnel can access your personal data. In addition, we control the number of authorised personnel and implement hierarchical permission management on them based on service requirements and personnel levels.
(4) We strictly select business partners and service providers and incorporate personal data protection requirements into commercial contracts, audits, and appraisal activities.
(5) We hold security and privacy protection training courses, tests, and publicity activities to raise employees’ personal data protection awareness.
JL Educate Limited is committed to protecting your personal data. Nevertheless, no security measure is perfect and no product, service, website, data transfer, computing system, or network connection is absolutely secure.
If any personal data incident occurs, JL Educate Limited will notify you, pursuant to relevant legal and regulatory requirements, of the basic information about the security incident and its possible impact, measures that JL Educate Limited has taken or will take, suggestions about active defense and risk mitigation, and remedial measures. The notification may take the form of an email, text message, push notification, etc. If it is difficult to notify data subjects one by one, we will take appropriate and effective measures to release a Security Notice. In addition, we will also report the handling status of personal data security incidents as required by supervisory authorities.
How You Can Manage Your Personal Data
A. Access, rectification, deletion, data portability, restriction of processing, objection to processing.
Legislation in some countries and regions to which JL Educate Limited provides products and services or from where JL Educate Limited processes personal data, provides that data subjects the rights request (hereinafter referred to as ”requests”) in regards to the accessing, rectifying, deleting or erasure, porting, restricting, and objecting, the processing of related personal data by JL Educate Limited retains. In addition you will have the right to data portability.
1. Requesting modes and channels
Data subjects’ requests must be submitted in accordance with JL Educate Limited designated privacy channels. The requests are valid even when the requester does not specify the laws on which the requests are based.
2. Validity of requests
Most laws require data subjects to comply with specific requirements when they initiate requests.
There are some circumstances, provided by laws and regulations, in which JL Educate Limited may not have to comply with the request in full or at all.
B. Consent withdrawal
You can change the authorised personal data collection scope or withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of the processing activities based on the consent and prior to such withdraw.
Your rights can be exercised by deleting information, disabling related functions
C. Deregistering a user ID
You can deregister your account in JL Educate Limted related products. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing products and services, and delete your personal data unless otherwise stipulated by law.
How JL Educate Limited Protects Children’s Personal Data
JL Educate Limited’s personal and home products are intended for adults. However, for the use of JL Educate Limited products and services by children, we are fully aware of the importance of taking extra preventive measures to protect privacy and security. JL Educate Limited identifies whether data subjects are children based on the age of majority defined by laws of the local countries and regions.
When children’s personal data is collected based on the consent of the holders of parental responsibility, we will only use or disclose the information as permitted by law, explicitly consented to by the holders of parental responsibility, or required for protecting the children. Holders of parental responsibility who need to access, modify, or delete the personal data of their children and people under guardianship can contact us.
If JL Educate Limited accidentally collects children’s personal data without obtaining consent from provable holders of parental responsibility, JL Educate Limited will delete the information as soon as possible after becoming aware of it.
Links to Third-Party Websites, Products, and Services
JL Educate Limited websites, application software, products, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. All links to third-party websites, products, and services are provided for users’ convenience only. You need to determine your interaction with such links on your own. Before submitting your personal data to third parties, please read and refer to these third parties’ privacy policies.
Updates to This Statement
JL Educate Limited reserves the right to update this Statement at any time.
Should this Statement be revised from time to time, JL Educate Limited will release the change notice via various channels, for example, posting the latest version on our official website: www.vikingbio.se
”Major changes” in this Statement include but are not limited to:
(1) Major changes in our service modes, for example, purposes of personal data processing, types of processed personal data, and ways of using personal data
(2) Major changes in our ownership structure, organisational structure, etc., for example, ownership changes caused by business adjustment, bankruptcy, or acquisition
(3) Changes in the main objects of personal data sharing, transfer, or disclosure
(4) Major changes in your rights regarding personal data processing and the ways in which you can enjoy those rights
(5) Changes of JL Educate Limited departments, contacts, and complaint channels responsible for the security of personal data processing
(6) High risks identified in personal data security impact assessment reports
How to Contact Us
We have set up a dedicated personal data protection department (or data protection officer). If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us by visiting www.vikingbio.se
Copyright ©2019 JL Educate Limited. All rights reserved.